Monday, September 13, 2010

A Pin Cushion

Jeesh, after a short (?) break, here I am again.

Short because I was planning a three-week vacation, and it turned out to be only two. Long story. It isn’t even worth telling.

Anyway, I visited some great friends during this time. I even got even to sew a little with one of them. We put Leise’s heirloom sewing machine to work and, Gosh she’s a beauty! Probably more than 50 years old, but still running perfectly.


The weather was nice. Ok, it was quite cold, but I do love it, so I was beyond happy.  It was short, but I can’t complaint =)

Now, back to my sewing experiences. If you still remember about last time, I was pretty sure I could sew almost anything by then.  Not that straight, but still. I felt powerful!
Time for project number three: the pin cushion.

Another thing you need to know about me, I`m crazy about putting things away. Yeah, great problem being a sewer, I know. There are so many things you have to have to sew, and keep those in proper places is a challenge I`m still dealing with! Gosh, and all those pins and needles were driving me insane by then. I needed something to keep them together.
So, I went online for another tutorial, and found one I liked AND tought was easy, and ta-da! Here it is!


I know… It’s a little wonky. But I love it just the same.

Turned out to be quite easy. And I had a great time. 

That outta count for something, right?



2 comments:

  1. Mi! About your frase "I`m crazy about putting things away" I´ll never forget your pins classified by color :-) congrats for the blog! Talking about organizers, we´ve made a great bag organizer, if you want the pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off course I want the pattern Si!
    It's that one with the little necessaire attached?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete