Thursday, June 24, 2010

The very beginning...

Hey there!

After a long period of procrastination (hate that word), here I am, posting my adventures in a blog. Sharing with strangers (not necessarily) all the craziness of my life as a person who has just decided to do “it” by myself.

But eventually, you would have to ask, what is “it”?

Well, tough question. “It” is pretty much everything that crosses my mind. Lately, “it” has everything to do with sewing. Can’t say how long it’s going to last. But I could swear I would be a very happy old lady if I could go on sewing till then.

So, hello again. This is me, sewing.


But I have to be honest with you. This is me sewing for the first time in my life. It was 2009. A summer afternoon in this tropical country. November had just began and I was at my aunt’s. Can’t tell you how it came to me, but suddenly I felt a great urge to sew.

Seriously, I spent my entire childhood in that sewing room, and it never occurred to me that I could (much less than I would) take up sewing in this life.

You know, before that afternoon, I had never been that kind of girl. Truth be told, I’ve never had the talent for hand-made things.

And I honestly don’t know what happened, but this is how it  began. 

Under my aunt’s supervision I found some cute fabric (first soft spot for me), cut it in little squares and then put them all together again. Voilá, my first patchwork  just came to existence!!!


I was so excited that I took a zillion pictures!






And that was it. Totally lost and going down the road from that moment on.

Of course my aunt had to finish my project for me (it turned out to be a beautiful brush case), but that my dears, was just the beginning of this whole new life!


No comments:

Post a Comment